2012年1月30日月曜日

who is who?

Happy new year every one.
I'm writing down my blog that maybe nobody is reading.

Haha anyway I'm going to write about names today.
In this country weird things happen about names.
Okay, think about your name, if you were asked your name in English, you would say first naem first then last name. For instance myself I would answer Takuji Mishima.
I understand some people would say my name is Mishima Takuji, which I mean your last name comes first and then first name. That's common way to say your name in some countries.
Well people in this country have more than 1 name. I'm not talking about middle name.

Here is what happen in my school.
Let's say one student's name is John Smith and his father's name is Peter Smith.
He have registered his name as John Smith on students list. Of course I expect his name is John Smith, but he told me that his name is John Peter one day. I asked him how can you change your name so easily?
He said my name is John Peter. He explained me that he have changed his name from last week and the name Peter is coming from his father.

Last week!?

For me, even if it is my dog's name, I can't change it so easily.
We aren't talking about nickname , we are talking about real name that he uses officially.
So it's hard to management them using their names.
I suggested my coworkers and my boss to management our students with giving them their students numbers and management them with it. But it seems they are not really willing to do it.
I hope I can find good way to solve this problem.



PS
some of my students are trying to write their names in Japanese but most of them are finding hard differentiate  the word "マ" and "ア"   "ン"and "ソ"which those appear a lot in their names.
Like アンパンマン will be マソパソマソ

2 件のコメント:

  1. I read this! You'd be surprised how hard katakana and hiragana can be...I used to mess up ね and ぬ and stuff like that haha

    返信削除
  2. Ms.V
    I haven't taught them Hiragana yet. That will make them more and more confusing.

    返信削除